SPOILER: Season 2 news

A forum to discuss everything about Fuller House. Read more about this new show on http://www.fuller-house.org.
Owlnut74

Re: SPOILER: Season 2 news

Post by Owlnut74 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:24 am

Stephanie's new boyfriend turns out to be Kimmy's long-lost brother. Jimmy Gibbler.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Hot news! ;) It’s the first time we see a member of Kimmy’s family (beside Fernando and Ramona, of course).
As far as I see, it’s not completely sure that Kimmy’s brother Jimmy is also Stephanie’s new boyfriend Jimmy. But I think it will turn out this way.
So maybe Steph and Kimmy become sisters-in-law? That would be funny, when we think about how Steph disliked Kimmy in the original show. ;)
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Martin Luther King

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:48 am

Since it is a long lost brother, what if Kimmy and Jimmy are twins, but Jimmy grew up with relatives, or was given up for adoption.

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:47 am

Season 2 trailer is up and running.

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:37 am

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:16 pm

To be honest, I’m a little confused. I don’t find another source for this information. Wikipedia has it, but without any source. I would expect that hot news like this would be everywhere in the internet. So let’s wait and see if this is really right. :)

Martin Luther King

dtf955

Post by dtf955 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 pm

I thought I heard Kimmy say "younger brother" in the teaser - I suppose she could have said "long lost" real fast and it sounded different to me, my hearing isn't always great even with a hearing aid.

If he is younger it would make sense, as would the twin idea! Steph says she didn't recognize him, but that could also mean "he doesn't seem anything like you." :)

If he is her younger brother, what are your thoughts as far as how he could be in the TVU? I posted some on the fanfiction.net forum which boiled down to the fact that he *could* still exist since we only see 1/336 of their lives each week, and if he's young enough it's plausible he's not mentioned.

His being a baby when Kimmy is 10-11 could explain Kimmy starting to be over there at the Tanners more than at first. If Garth is 4 years older,(or could he be a bellhop at a younger age, as wehear he is in "Shape UP"?) that's a span of 15 years between him and Jimmy; not impossible by any stretch, with no kids inb etween due to financial or medical reasons or just the Gibblers' own weirdness.

If Steph knew him but doesn't recognize him it's not unusual if the last time she saw him was 2000 or so and he was only 11-12, more unusual if he was in his late teens but not unprecedented. Kids can have late growth spurts, etc.; and, remember the "big changes" D.J.'s cousin had in the 2 years since he'd last seen them in Season 1? I'd say his maximum age was probably about 16 in 2000 (so 2 years younger than Steph, right between her and Michelle), and he could theoretically be younger than Michelle.

It's not even that odd if they put him in Michelle's grade - there are 3 classes in each grade, and Michelle might just stay away from him on Steph's urging - but more likely he's between the younger girls or, he he was really unplanned, closer in age to Nicky and Alex.Of course, you would think that Michelle would have known him outside of school then, so he likely wasn't in her grade; my guess is he'll be said to be a few years younger than Steph but a couple older than Michelle.

Which reminds me of how she was babysitting when younger and seemed to have been decent, at least with older kids, but Steph got all her money when she wouldn't do diapers in "Fives A Crowd." Maybe Jimmy was born and she finally had a chance to be around kids who needed diaper changes, etc. - and realized she wanted no part of it!

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:58 am

I think Jimmy is at least Stephanie's age. I seem to recall an episode around season 4 or 5 where Kimmy said "I'm glad my parents stopped having kids after me." Which Stephanie sarcastically replied, "Gee, I wonder why?" Also, in the pilot of Full House, DJ mentioned Kimmy having Three sisters. Never heard about them, again.
They should have either casted Garth as a love interest for DJ. Or maybe Jimmy is a half-brother. Her Dad could of had an affair. Jimmy could have been raised by his mother. It was clear by the season 2 trailer that Stephanie didn't know Jimmy was Kimmy's brother.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

I thought once that Kimmy has a lot of brothers and she was the only girl in the house (beside her mother). :D But I think I confused that with Becky.
Owlnut74 wrote: I seem to recall an episode around season 4 or 5 where Kimmy said "I'm glad my parents stopped having kids after me."
I remember that remark too. But I don't think that the producers remember remarks, which have been only in one episode. So I think that Kimmy's parents are Jimmy's parents too. And I agree to Owlnut, I think he'll be Steph's age.

Martin Luther King

dtf955

Post by dtf955 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:59 pm

Great points; I like the idea of him being a halfbrother, I hadn't thought of that. It's also possible that he was Kimmy's cousin who was then adopted because of an accident or his parents somehow couldn't take care of him. One of my best friends has a brother and sister like that; they're about 10-12 years younger than him, but it could even allow him to be there and Steph's age and yet Kimmy say they stopped having kids.

So, there are a lot of ways to go. (As you can tell by my other posts, I love to try to figure these things out. :) )