SPOILER: Season 2 news

A forum to discuss everything about Fuller House. Read more about this new show on http://www.fuller-house.org.
ILoveFullHouse

SPOILER: Season 2 news

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:23 pm

I've already posted in another thread that Steph gets a new boyfriend in season 2. Now there are more news.
DJs love life stays turbulent: Both of her love interests get a new girlfriend!
Steve gets a girlfriend called CJ, who looks completely like DJ! Matt gets a girlfriend called Cristal who is a yoga teacher. I would be surprised if DJ doesn't become jealous in this situation! ;)

Source: tvline
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Martin Luther King

Owlnut74

Re: SPOILER: Season 2 news

Post by Owlnut74 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Will Candace be playing two parts? DJ and CJ?

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Sat May 07, 2016 9:15 am

No, CJ will be played by another actress. They are searching now for an actress who looks similar to Candace.

Martin Luther King

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:08 pm

DJ also will have a new love interest. But he’s gay, so I think it won’t work. ;)

Source: bustle.com

Martin Luther King

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:35 pm

ILoveFullHouse wrote:DJ also will have a new love interest. But he’s gay, so I think it won’t work. ;)

Source: bustle.com
Not sure how I feel about that, but it will work I suppose.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:39 pm

In season 2 Joey’s wife and kids will be introduced. Joey has now a wife called Ginger and four children!

Source: tvline

Martin Luther King

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:44 am

Ginger... that name sounds familiar... wasn't there a Ginger in the regular series?

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am

In „Too Much Monkey Business“ from season 5 appeared a monkey called Ginger. But I really don’t think Joey married her. :mrgreen: ;)
In „Smash Club: the Next Generation“ appeared a character called Ginger Snap. She worked in the Smash Club once. I don’t think Joey married her, because she seemed to be much older than him. But who knows? ;)

Martin Luther King

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:39 am

ILoveFullHouse wrote:In „Too Much Monkey Business“ from season 5 appeared a monkey called Ginger. But I really don’t think Joey married her. :mrgreen: ;)
In „Smash Club: the Next Generation“ appeared a character called Ginger Snap. She worked in the Smash Club once. I don’t think Joey married her, because she seemed to be much older than him. But who knows? ;)
Didn't Joey have a red-headed girlfriend that made fun of the family? I was thinking she was Ginger, but it's likely her name was something else.

In any case, I believe they mentioned this will be a new character regardless. Just trying to see if there are any connections.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:30 am

Mr. Woodchuck wrote:
Didn't Joey have a red-headed girlfriend that made fun of the family? I was thinking she was Ginger, but it's likely her name was something else.
Her name was Roxy.

Martin Luther King

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 pm

And she was blonde

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 am

Season 2 will have some Thanksgiving episodes. So it seems possible that season 2 will have its premiere this fall. That would be great! :) Anyway I have hope that season 2 will have premiere this year.

Source: bleedingcool.com

Martin Luther King

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm

The Olsen Twins probably won’t appear in Fuller House. At least, Jodie Sweetin gave hope up, as she said now to “Entertainment Tonight”. But according to her, there will be several celebrity cameos in the 2nd season.
There also isn’t an airdate yet, but Candace Cameron thinks season 2 will be released at the end of the year, “maybe December”, as she said a few weeks ago to “E!News”. That would be fantastic! :)

Martin Luther King

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:26 pm

ILoveFullHouse wrote:there will be several celebrity cameos in the 2nd season.
As several sources report, „New Kids on the Block“ will appear on Fuller House! The band appears after Stephanie and Kimmy messed up plans for DJ’s birthday. Great! ;)

Martin Luther King

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:34 pm

As tvline reports, Nelson Burkhard and Kathy Santoni will appear in season 2. But they’ll be played by different actors than in the original show. Their roles are currently recasted.
I’m sure there will be some jokes in the show about how Nelson and Kathy changed in the meantime. ;)

Martin Luther King

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:48 am

The recast is not a surprise. Jason Marsden probably isn't doing much acting these days. And in the last current photos I saw of him, he had long hair and a beard. No longer sports the preppy Richie Rich look needed for the character. And Anne Marie McAvoy no longer acts. She is said to be a private person, these days.

They should consider recasting Michelle. The character was a little girl when we last saw her. People's looks can change as adults, so it wouldn't be totally unbelievable.

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Owlnut74 wrote:The recast is not a surprise. Jason Marsden probably isn't doing much acting these days. And in the last current photos I saw of him, he had long hair and a beard. No longer sports the preppy Richie Rich look needed for the character. And Anne Marie McAvoy no longer acts. She is said to be a private person, these days.

They should consider recasting Michelle. The character was a little girl when we last saw her. People's looks can change as adults, so it wouldn't be totally unbelievable.
I would only recast Michelle if it's Elizabeth Olsen. In my opinion, she looks less ghostly than her other two sisters anyway.

I wouldn't recast Michelle any other way. For minor characters, it's okay, but recasting major characters would take away the whole reunion feel that the show still needs.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:02 pm

As tvline reports, Nelson will now be played by Hal Sparks. To me, he really doesn't look like Nelson. But we'll see how it works on the show.
To the question if Michelle should be recasted, I agree with Mr. Woodchuck. It would be hard for me to see MIchelle played by another actress than the Olsen-Twins. Then again, Elizabeth Olsen would be an interesting choice.

Martin Luther King

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 pm

http://nowhitenoise.com/wp-content/uplo ... _69868.jpg

I doubt Elizabeth would do it out of respect for her sisters. But, I think this young lady would be good. To me, she looks enough like the Olsen's that it would work.

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:51 am

Owlnut74 wrote:http://nowhitenoise.com/wp-content/uplo ... _69868.jpg

I doubt Elizabeth would do it out of respect for her sisters. But, I think this young lady would be good. To me, she looks enough like the Olsen's that it would work.
Why would it be disrespectful? I think it's worse that Mary-Kate and Ashley don't act again, so I think their sister would be rectifying the situation.

Owlnut74

Post by Owlnut74 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:55 am

https://instagram.com/p/BKn4rY8hXh9/
Season 2 starts on December 9.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Great news! :) Candace was right when she predicted the premiere of season 2 for December. ;) A great Christmas present. :)

Martin Luther King

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:15 am

My fear is that this show is becoming too much of a soap opera... I hope it still holds its traditions.

ILoveFullHouse

Post by ILoveFullHouse » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:25 pm

When I think about the storylines about DJ/Steve/Matt and Kimmy/Fernando in season 1, the show already had a little bit from a soap opera. ;) But I’m sure the show will still have good storylines, especially with the kids. Ashley Liao (Lola) will be part of the main cast in season 2, I think that’s a good sign.

Martin Luther King

Mr. Woodchuck

Post by Mr. Woodchuck » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:11 am

ILoveFullHouse wrote:When I think about the storylines about DJ/Steve/Matt and Kimmy/Fernando in season 1, the show already had a little bit from a soap opera. ;) But I’m sure the show will still have good storylines, especially with the kids. Ashley Liao (Lola) will be part of the main cast in season 2, I think that’s a good sign.
It did, and I don't mind a little, just hoping it doesn't become all about her love life. There are richer stories out there.