Are Jimmy Gibbler and Garth the same person?

A forum to discuss everything about Fuller House. Read more about this new show on http://www.fuller-house.org.

Yes, enough little things show he could be
No votes
No, Kimmy's comment about them stopping after her could have other reasons, clearly different people
100%

Total votes: 2

dtf955

Post by dtf955 »

James Garth Gibbler - or Garth James. However you say it, it's a bit odd but so is the whole Gibbler family.

I haven't seenMartin around so I don't know if I'll add 10-15 pages to the Chronology or not, there's no time on my end to do more and I only have an e-mail from one original helper. However, I did feel this poll was something I could run.

It's an interesting question. There are some good arguments either way.

Pro: Kimmy says they stopped having kids after her, and any younger Gibblers would have been mentioned somehow.
Plus, Garth has disappeared. We know Garth had some odd jobs - and he went to clown school. And, Suddsy the clown was Jimmy's hero growing up. He could easily have decided he didn't like that - or dropped out for various reasons - and gone on to pursue his lifelong love of photography; no reason why that would have had to be mentioned in "Full House."
He had a crush on Steph ever since he saw her, which implies he's at least a couple years younger than Kimmy if not Steph, but if he's only a couple years older, he might have meant that he thought she was so cute and funny and adorable early on.

Con: Garth was a bellhop in season 4; can you be one when you're younger than 16? Well, he could have lied about his age and faked it for a while (he is a Gibbler) but does Jimmy at 11-12 (which he'd have been at the most) seem like the kind of person who could pull off being 16?
Kimmy said they stopped having kids in season 5 - but Jimmy could have been born afterward, though admittedly that puts more strain on the crush thing.
More likely for the con side is Kimmy not counting Jimmy because he's a cousin they took in and adopted. In fact, that explains the line about Suddsy being his dad's sponsor if his dad was an alcoholic *very* well.
Or Kimmy forgot about Garth. I mean, she's flaky enough.
Jimmy seems very close in age to Stephanie - and clearly younger than Kimmy. Even if Garth lied about his age as a bellhop, he got into clown college by season 7, which implies Garth is a year or two older than Kimmy if not 3-4.

ILoveFullHouse

Re: Are Jimmy Gibbler and Garth the same person?

Post by ILoveFullHouse »

I'm pretty sure that Jimmy and Garth are not the same person. We never met Garth, but I always imagined him as a very - gibblerish person. :) Also, I didn't imagine him as a nice person, which Jimmy clearly is.
dtf955 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 pm
Kimmy said they stopped having kids in season 5 - but Jimmy could have been born afterward,
Season 5 was in 1991/1992. If Jimmy was born in 1992, he was 24 at his first appearance in Fuller House. That's possible.
#andratuttobene

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Martin Luther King

dtf955

Post by dtf955 »

I hadn't even thought of him being born in 1992 becasue of his talk of having a crush on her from when he was little - but I suppose a 3-4 year old could say they have one when they just realize a girl looks pretty without thinking about it in terms like an older kid would. Plus, Jimmy is in Kimmy's family so is bound to have some eccentricities.)

Also, I just remembered an elerly lady from our church mentioned having a brother 15 years younger - so it's possible.

dtf955

Post by dtf955 »

I can tell I'm out of proactice fromw hen we did the Chronology, I should have posted 2 other optoions - Jimmy being born earlier but younger than Kimmy (and Kimmy jsut being eird then) and Jimmy being a cousin. (Really, Kimmy's comment could meanher mom had him out of wedlock withs omeone else, but that makes thigns too convoluted, and that's still one of her parents.)

My main conedrn is they seem to have plenthy of shared things - like when we saw the Gibbler home there was always talk about "we" and "us" - but I noted in the original post, you have that at a college, too, with students who didn't even attend at the same time. (When we were in college we had this tradition," for instance.)

Also, for Steph to see Jimmy as "just a little kid" he has to be a bit younger at least - and 5-7 years if even a big difference for sharing family trips, having seen the older one stuck to a wall for timeout, etc.. So, why not 15 years?

I'll put up a poll on the "FUll House" sectin regarding that, no other votes but enough views someone else would have voted had they wished. I think we can say for certain Jimmy is different and Garth was indeed a few years older than Kimmy.